Friday, December 14, 2018

Alex H. & Aramis M.


Topic: Gun rights


The Night of the Attempted Robbery

It was a cold night when my friend and I were walking down the street. My life flashed before my eyes. It was the night that we went to a restaurant together for a reunion! I haven't seen Fred since high school, and a lot has changed. The night started off with us eating a nice meal at Par la Rivière (By the River in French).

We decided to walk to a nearby gelato place that my friend had told me about a while ago. As we were walking, I heard a faint voice that said,”Put your hands up unless you want to get hurt.” Fred and I slowly turned around to find out that the guy had a gun. Soon enough, he demanded that we give him our wallets and anything else valuable that we had.

I turned my head slowly over to Fred, and he gave me a slight nod, as if he wanted me to just hand over everything like it was nothing. I pretended to get my wallet, when really I was pulling my gun from my holster. I demanded for the guy to put down his gun. Two loud bangs went off, and as I slowly looked up, I saw Fred on the floor with his hands around his head and the robber nowhere to be found.

Fred slowly stood up and turned to me. He gave me a sigh of relief.

“Thank God you had that gun, Rob,” Fred said gratefully. I took out my phone and dialed 9-1-1. After a few minutes, I heard sirens in the distance.

“Is that all, Rob?” asked the cop.

”Yes,” I replied.

”How did you know how to fire a gun, and not shoot him?!” asked the cop. He had a stunned expression on his face.

”I have been shooting since I was six years old, and I also took lessons on my aim with a handgun,” I replied quietly.

The cop smiled. “Wow! Your friend is sure lucky to know someone like you!”

I smiled back, and put my gun back on my holster. ”Thanks, but we are just lucky that we didn't die or loose our wallets,” I happily replied.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please write a comment that is positive and specific -- for example, something you appreciate about the narrative, or how it has shifted your thinking. No criticism or insults! Students, please sign your comment with your first name and last initial.