Topic: Animal testing
In a town called Thneedville in Northern America, there was a lab considered a non-government group, and let’s just say they haven't had a sunny day in over a decade. They were called Test 2024, and they were testing rats. They had the worst things you could think of: tumors all over their bodies and more, and some even had eyes missing. These animals were in cold rooms for very long times. They had about ten tests a week, and if they resisted, the scientists would put them in a room for a week with no food or light. There was one rat who had been there the longest and was blind in both eyes. They called him 05 because that was when he was introduced to the lab.
When we are waiting in these cold rooms for hours a day, some of us are given drugs to help us stay awake because you never know when we need to have testing done; but the thing with these drugs is we get addicted to them. So the outcome is super crazy, and some of us even chew on ourselves and that causes us not to sleep at night. When we get tested on, these people get angry because their serum did not work, and all along it was their fault for giving us the drugs.
One afternoon I was trying to get some sleep, but when they give us these drugs it’s impossible. I felt the footsteps, then the door opened very quietly, and they grasped my body and I was in shock from what had happened. All I felt was a needle pierce my furry body, then a mask being put onto my face as the needle was slowly going deeper into my skin. Finally it snapped. The second that moment happened, my head drifted down to my body, and I was so uncomfortable from the cold, and that was what made me get sick. I was left in this room, and they finally said that we need to get rid of this rat because he has too many diseases and tumors. I was not healthy enough to get the right results, so they said, “Sir, we have a problem”. The man who is behind all of this came in and examined my body. He saw that I was not looking so great. He cut open my body and took out the needle; I could barely keep my eyes open. He took the serum out of my body and threw it out. Then I was next to a wall trying to get some warmth. I noticed I had an IV in my arm, but I knew there was something wrong because I hadn’t felt warmth in so long. I thought this whole entire time I was in deep sleep, but nope, I was in this place called the reformatory. This is the place you are taken when you no longer are used for testing because you don't have any more life in you. All I had was a cold damp towel, which is very uncomfortable, and I had a muzzle on me so I would not rip out the IV.
It has been a week since I have seen any of my fellow rats, but it feels like yesterday when I was getting needles pinched and squeezed into my skin. It feels like 30 minutes ago when they said they are throwing me out. Right now I'm in a coma from all of these drugs and I don't know when my life will end.
One morning it was about 5:00 a.m. I heard some loud noises coming from the lobby and some voices too. Every lab official who was in here was getting cuffed, and all the animals were very scared. It reminded me of when I was a little rat and it was just me and my mother. They took every test subject that was useless and brought them somewhere unknown. This very moment I knew for a fact that my life was over, but I was wrong. These people were taking away the actual testers who were working here illegally, and they were going away for a long time. These very calm and gentle government officials made sure that every single test subject was out of here before they had left.
So now I live in a nice home with a young man named Quinton. He was part of saving all the test subjects, and he wanted me, the one with the most wounds. He made sure that I had everything I needed to be taken care of. This was what I had dreamed of back in the lab. He gave me hearing aids and sight again; I'm so happy that I have nicest person taking care of me. ne of the rats is even an astronaut who is on the International Space Station right now. All my best friends live with some cool people; another is even on tour with his owner, who is in a famous band, and one more is living with the government officials as their workplace pet. We have the best life we could think of!
I like how the story ends
ReplyDeleteI like how the story ends
ReplyDeleteIt's sad to think this is how people treat animals, testing on them and doing bad things to them anyways this is a very powerful story because you have a great ending and you have a lot of detail on how the character is feeling and how better there lives are now. Alan R.
ReplyDelete