Friday, December 14, 2018

Jon C. & JP T.


Topic: Global warming


Today, as I was walking over to my company to do some work, I stopped to watch the cars zoom by, and for the first time in years, I noticed the smell of carbon that these cars emit every day. I thought about what the world would look like if we put taxes on businesses that emit carbon, in order to make those carbon emitting monsters disappear. If we don’t act soon, the consequences will be horrendous.

When I finally got out of my carbon-caused trance, the only thing that was left on my mind is how the world would be in a couple of years. When I finally made it to my job, I put all my work aside and just thought about how much this world has changed since it started being destroyed by all of these people with no remorse for their actions.

Our world has gone from a hospitable place to a place so dangerous and wet that it is hard to live in because of all that dangerous gas and the way it's destroying the habitat and polar ice caps. We are going to be part of this cycle, and our homes are going to be destroyed because of carbon, and carbon is going to make the polar bears’ habitat be lost, which means there will be more flooding around places in the world that are located near the ocean.   

I went into my lab to think of a way to stop global warming. I couldn't start on an empty stomach, so I went to a 99¢ store and bought a mixed green salad with arugula. I used to eat meat until I found out how much cows damage our world by being transported all over the world in large trucks, because that is one more thing that is bringing carbon into our atmosphere.

When I was finished with my salad, I went back to my office at Exxon. I’ve got to destroy my company from the inside, and I know exactly how to do that…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please write a comment that is positive and specific -- for example, something you appreciate about the narrative, or how it has shifted your thinking. No criticism or insults! Students, please sign your comment with your first name and last initial.