Friday, December 14, 2018

Ava S.



Topic: Physician-assisted suicide


The following is the dialogue for what would be a graphic novel:

MC1: So...what did they say? Can they cure it?

MC3: …...No.                                                                                                                                 

MC1: Well if they can’t fix you, what are they going to do? Just… let you die?

MC3: *nods* Actually...I’m going to...kill...myself.

MC1: WHAT!? Why?? You always said that you wouldn’t! After I convince you again, y-you won’t! I-I won’t let you!

MC3: It’s okay, there’s...nothing you can do...I...already have it.

MC1: Have what!? A knife? A gun?

MC3: A drug. Medicine….

MC1: Medicine wouldn’t kill you! What did they give you?? What drug? How do you die?!

MC3: ST...Pavulon...that kind of...that kind of stuff...it’s...prescribed.

MC1: Duit, that’s-that’s crazy! Injections are completely-UUUAAAGGHH!

MC3: I’ve already decided...and I’m happy with it.

MC1: Wh-wha-HAPPY!? Happy with death!? Why-*sniff* why would you DO THAT!?

MC3: Don’t act...surprised...you’ve always known….I was comfortable on the edge, Ima.

MC1: But this would be falling over the edge!! I know you’re a daredevil, but this is t-too far!

PH1: Alright, visitings are over, Ima.

*MC1 notices PH1 has the injection*

MC1: I won’t let you hurt him!

PH1: Hurt? He’ll be numbed, no pain will be felt.

MC1: Numbed???

PH1: Please relax, mister. Your friend has not been forced. Now, please allow us to perform the procedure.

MC1: NO! You can’t!

PH1: Security!

*MC1 gets dragged out of room and locked out*

MC1: No! You can’t! Stop! Don’t you dare--

*MC1 summons yellow flames*

MC1: --TOUCH HIM!!!

*room falls silent, everyone is staring at MC3*

*MC1 pushes through them and notices MC3’s hand sprawled over the injection*

MC1: He…he did it. H-he’s-Duit is-d-dead.

MC1: I-

*MC1 starts stepping back*

MC1: He’s...I can’t...n-no…

SCENE 2

*wakes up from sleeping*

*MC1 breathes heavily*

MC2: You know however many times you do that, you can’t undo the past, Ima.

MC1: Oh, shut up.

MC2: You seriously need to stop, buddy. You’re going to go insane.

MC1: Why would I go insane?

MC2: This is the 31st time you’ve tried to do that.

MC2: I’m worried about you, okay? You’ve been acting weird since--ya know.

MC1: *sigh* Why would they even-it’s a hospital. They’re supposed to keep people ALIVE. It’s just-It’s just stupid!

MC2: It’s what he wanted, though.

MC1: You can’t say that! He-he wouldn’t!

MC2: But he did.

MC1: SHUT UP!! YOU DON’T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT DUIT!

MC2: Ima…I know this is hard, but--

MC1: BUT NOTHING! BUT NOTHING, NELL! Just...just go away...

*MC1 starts crying into his sleeve. MC2 puts her hand on his shoulder*

SCENE 3

*MC1 is on his computer, and goes to his email*

MC1: Assisted suicide is stupid. I don’t-it goes against the freaking hippo-something oath….wait...what’s this?

*MC1 clicks on a video*

“Hoi Ima, I know I’m…probably dead by the time you see this, but-I wanted to give you a last goodbye. I know you didn’t want me to do the whole ‘assisted suicide’ thing, but you have to understand. There is no way to cure it, so, I, uh, I’m-in a lot a pain, so, um, hoo boy…Haaaaaa ha haa… *passes out* background voice: whoa are you oka-*camera cuts out*

*MC1 is being emotional through the whole video*

MC1: It…it saved him.

5 comments:

  1. You did a really good job have more than one charters perspectives on point of views, also I like your drawings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did very good with difrent point of views also I like your drawings a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved how we got to see from different peoples perspectives and the characters showed so much emotion in the story. I also love the ending and how his mind shifted on assisted suicides. lydia h

    ReplyDelete
  4. natalia s. I liked the story line and how it was so intense. I also liked the art Great Job :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved how I got to see many different peoples perspectives. I also love the art work. This story really brings out how serious your topic is.
    Elizabeth.G

    ReplyDelete

Please write a comment that is positive and specific -- for example, something you appreciate about the narrative, or how it has shifted your thinking. No criticism or insults! Students, please sign your comment with your first name and last initial.